Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: First time user]

From: Kevin Hunter
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: First time user]
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 23:42:13 -0400

At 7:51pm -0400 Mon, 02 Apr 2012, Amirhosein Norouzi wrote:
I'm planning to use GLPK solver for the first time through python
environment. I've installed python, cooper, and GLPK solver. Then I
run the batch file and put the generated two files in the path
directory. When I run a simple example, I get this error (attached
file). I would be grateful to you if you could help me.

This is a Coopr-specific error, not GLPK. Assuming you have the most recent release of Coopr (installed via either easy_install or the Coopr Windows Installer), then the problem is most likely a solver/path issue with Coopr, that was resolved the day after that revision w. The only two options of which I'm aware are:

1. Run the trunk version of Coopr, as specified via option 4:

https://software.sandia.gov/trac/coopr/wiki/GettingStarted

2. Wait until mid-May, when Sandia plans to release the next version of Coopr.

Cheers,

Kevin