Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: First time user]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: First time user]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 06:16:10 +0200

Dear Amirhosein,

your mail had to be forwarded manually, because you are not subscribed to the
GLPK help list, see
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-glpk

Coopr creates a text file, calls glpsol, and then tries to read the solution
from the output file. If the model has not solution there will be no output
file. This behaviour is described in
https://software.sandia.gov/trac/coopr/ticket/4328

Please, retrieve the model file and run it through glpsol to find out where the
problem is.

I do not know what coopr assumes as default optimization direction. If it is
maximization your problem is unbounded.

For issues in coopr, please create a ticket on
https://software.sandia.gov/trac/coopr/query

Interfacing a solver via text files does not offer full control over the
solver. There are other Python interfaces for GLPK which directly call the GLPK
library, see
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Python

Best regards

Xypron