Re: [Help-glpk] Doxygen

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Doxygen
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:00:53 +0400

Hi Xypron,

Sorry for a long delay in my response.

> currently a cross reference to the GLPK code is missing.
>
> Doxygen gives the possibility to generate a documentation from the
> existing code.
>
> For an example see
> http://www.xypron.de/projects/winglpk/doxygen/html/glpk_8h.html#afb1c0fb8674d9d9680ec9c42f922176b
>
> In the appendix you will fill configuration file "Doxyfile" and filter
> "doxyfilter" (which should be chmod 755).
>
> The filter discovers all lines containg "*  NAME" and indicates to
> doxygen that this is the start of a special comment block, cf.
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html
>
> I suggest to add the two files to the root directory of the GLPK
> source distribution.
>
> To create the documentation in directory glpk-4.47/doc/doxygen
> navigate to directory glpk-4.47 and invoke command doxygen.
>
> Prerequisites for usage are:
> - Doxygen
> - sed
> - Graphviz
>
> More complete documentation could be produced after adjusting the
> comment style in glpk a bit, e.g.
> int var; /*!< Detailed description after the member */
> instead of
> int var; /* Detailed description after the member */

Thank you for you suggestion.

I have a negative experience on working with packages documented in such
way and wouldn't like to use it.

Could you provide an example of that that should be cross referenced? Do
you mean routine names, terms, or what? I think that it would quite easy
to make necessary additions in the LaTeX files. If you mean the source
code, there exist some packages to automatically format it and produce,
say, html or pdf pages provided with the index of all program objects
and hyperlinks. However, I don't find that such way facilitates studying
the source code.

Andrew Makhorin