Re: [Help-glpk] glpsol.exe differs from AMPL

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpsol.exe differs from AMPL
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:34:44 +0200

Hello Michael,

AMPL is not a solver but an interface to a solver. Hence it is unclear which
solver you are comparing GLPK to, might be IBM Ilog Cplex.

Both GLPK as well as IBM Ilog Cplex will provide **any** of the optimal MIP or
LP solutions if successful. Hence the result is correct.

A model which has a lot of symmetries is very inefficient to solve.

You should try to add additional constraints that force the solution of your
problem to be unique.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------