Re: [Help-glpk] How did you rewrite the cplex API?

From: Christophe-Marie Duquesne
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How did you rewrite the cplex API?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 01:01:26 +0200

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:
> From scratch. I used the reference manual for cplex 9.0 publicly
> available on their internet site (IIRC, it was in 2004 or 2005, before
> IBM acquired this package) as well as some materials available on a
> public cplex forum. The file examples/cplex/cplex.h contains only
> function declarations; it does not contain any comments (which otherwise
> might be considered as part of the manual), so I hope it does not
> violate any copyrights, trade secrets, and patents. The interface module
> to glpk included in examples/cplex is even not a clean room design,
> because it is related in no way to the original cplex code.

Very neat. The good news is that it seems that this kind of
information is still publicly available [1].

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM, glpk xypron <address@hidden> wrote:
> whether API definitions are copyrightable has been subject to legal disputes.

I am a single developper versus a large corporation, and I can't
afford a lawyer. I'd rather not taking any risk here :)

[1]:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cosinfoc/v12r3/topic/ilog.odms.cplex.help/html/refcallablelibrary/html/overview.html