[Help-glpk] [Fwd: GMPL table stmt]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: GMPL table stmt]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 02:47:00 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: technical forestry services <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: GMPL table stmt
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:06:35 +1200

Hello

I have been trying to get GMPL to read an SQLite3 database using the
following syntax.

set I ;
set J ;
set S dimen 2;

param c{i in I, j in J} ;
param d{i in I, j in J} ;

# table statement creates indexed parameters c[i, j] and d[i, j]
# and set S comprising (string) indices (i, j)
table tbl IN "iODBC"
'DSN=SQLite3 Datasource'
'SELECT id, srce, dest, dist, cost '
'FROM Ytij':
S <- [srce, dest], d~dist, c~cost ;

data ;
set I := Seattle San-Diego ;

set J := New-York Chicago Topeka ;
end ;

There seems to be an issue with the table statement in that the code
will compile OK
and by adding GMPL printf and display statements will correctly list the
database contents
during the compile phase.  However during any Build phase I get the
following error message:

Reading tbl...
Failed to connect

The driver reported the following diagnostics whilst running
SQLDriverConnect
IM014:1:0:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an
architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application
Test_glpk_sqlite3.mod:27: error on opening table tbl
MathProg model processing error
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.228

I have tried a couple of SQLite-ODBC drivers without success:
1) sqliteodbc.exe available at www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc (installs
with (System) DSN=SQLite3 Datasource).
2)sqlite odbc driver as part of SQLite2009 Pro Enterprise Manager
(installs with (System) DSN=DSN_SQLite2010Pro).
SQLite2009 Pro Manager is available at
www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools   .

Changing the driver has no effect as the same error is reported during
the Build phase.

I attach the database that I attempted to read from.

If you can shed any light on the issue I would be extremely grateful.

If you require further information don't hesitate to make contact.

Would you please acknowledge receipt of this E-mail.

Regards

LRB