Re: [Help-glpk] Write solution on database

From: Diana Acosta
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Write solution on database
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:55:08 -0500

Hi Lance, Hi Heinrich

Thank you so much for help me in my problem and take the time to answer me; I try to implement one of this solution, if I have more questions I hope that I can communicate with you guys and the all of the members of the mail-list :)

Best regards,

Diana

Hello Diana,

glpk-java/examples/java/GlpkSwing.java shows what needs to be done.

Run glpk/examples/tsp.mod and press the terminate button.
You will see an output like

+  7505: mip =   6.859000000e+03 >=   6.729000000e+03   1.9% (143; 254)
SEARCH TERMINATED BY APPLICATION
Optimal tour has length 6859
>From node   To node   Distance
        1        14        479

In the program a GlpkCallbackListener is registered with

        GlpkCallback.addListener()

In the callback routine of the listener

        GLPK.glp_ios_terminate(tree);

signals that no further nodes shall be evaluated.

In the callback routine you will have to evaluate the elapsed runtime to
decide when to call glp_ios_terminate().

To determine that a feasible solution has been found you could use the
following code in the callback routine:

        int reason = GLPK.glp_ios_reason(tree);

        if (reason == GLPKConstants.GLP_IBINGO) {
                // We have a better integer feasible solution.
        }

Do not set tm_lim with glp_iocp.setTm_lim().

Best regards

Heinrich

--
Diana Acosta Rueda
Estudiante de Ingeniería de Telecomunicaciones