Re: installing gnatsweb

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: installing gnatsweb
Date: 22 Apr 2001 18:59:30 +0200

    GP> What would be very useful, for many users but also developers,
    GP> would be some development version that we can more or less
    GP> safely deploy on a production system.

    GP> For example, gnatsweb in CVS currently does not work together
    GP> with a GNATS 3.x server, so I cannot deploy (and such test) a
    GP> current version of gnatsweb on gcc.gnu.org. OTOH, having such a
    GP> ``stable snapshot'' with proper intstructions on how to migrate
    GP> would allow us to update the GNATS and gnatsweb installations on
    GP> gcc.gnu.org.

I think the desired "stable snapshot" is equal to the desired "beta
version".  My definition of "GNATS 4 beta" is:

- All bug reports in BTS are analyzed.

- Important bugs are fixed.

- The documentation is updated.

I guess these are the necessary and sufficient conditions for having the
"stable snapshot" as well?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
Why waste keystrokes when you can waste CPU cycles instead?
                                                Karl Fogel