Re: patch for gnatsweb

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: patch for gnatsweb
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:18:54 +0200

At 20:09 16.04.2001 -0700, Dirk Bergstrom wrote:
howdy.  i've been hacking on gnatsweb for the last year here at
juniper networks, and i've made a lot of changes and bugfixes.  i
finally found the time to merge my changes with the current
development tree, and i'd like to get them rolled into the main line,
so that i can take advantage of further work, and so that others can
benefit from my work.

juniper has been using gnats 4.0a in production for almost a year (bob
manson did much of the development when he worked here, so we had a
secret weapon), so this code all works with 4.0.  well, with 4.0 as of
january of this year, plus mdb's patch to have gnatsd report user
access level.  i haven't tried the latest sources, but looking over
the changelog, it looks like most of the changes would be transparent
to gnatsweb.  i've tested this version, and it's stable (it's now our
production gnatsweb).

Just started testing the new version. Seems that it fixes PR170:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=170&database=gnats

Extremely well done! This removes the (hopefully) last showstopper, and we're starting to plan limited production deployment of Gnats 4.

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
address@hidden