Re: gnats-adm directory

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: gnats-adm directory
Date: 01 May 2001 20:56:44 +0200

[Sorry for the long delay in answer.]

address@hidden could be a bit better.

    LM> 4] as root
    LM>    make -k install
    LM>    (some errors about emacs and gnats.el...
    LM>     ...not so important, I guess!)

This is important and causes the problem you described:

    LM> The problem is: the installation procedure doesn't create the
    LM> directory gnats-adm under /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db with
    LM> the template files: categories, config, responsible...  and the
    LM> file: gnatsd.conf

This is a bug -- GNATS installation shouldn't depend on Emacs being
available more than the *.el files are concerned.  The bug seems to be
already fixed in GNATS 4 alpha.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
SomeProgrammersLikeWritingLikeThis.However,IDontThinkThisFormOfCommunicationIs\
AGoodIdea.IApologizeToAllWhoCantReadMyTextsWrittenInAClassicStyle.