Proposal for a Gnats 3.114 release

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Proposal for a Gnats 3.114 release
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 23:09:17 +0200

Gnats 4 will take some time still, as far as I can see. Therefore, I would like to propose that we reease the current tip of the v3 tree as Gnats 3.114. A "wrapup release" of Gnats 3 would complement Gnatsweb 2.8.0 perfectly, I think.

Fixes for the following bugs have been committed after the 3.113 release:
- gnatsd used to crash when a 'classes' file contained a large number of classes.
- Fixed to gnats.el
- When the X-GNATS-Notify: field is present but empty, gnatsd segfaults
- Some added timezones.

And the chief reason that I want a 3.114 release: The data loss bug described in http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gnats-devel/2001-q2/msg00058.html. We have been running the latest Gnats 3 CVS, plus the fix detailed in the posting above for a week in full production, and have seen absolutely no problems.

Milan: I am ready to take on the task of committing the fix above, packing the new release (with Gnatsweb 2.8.0), uploading and announcing it.

What do you all think?

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway