Gnatsweb 4 in beta

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Gnatsweb 4 in beta
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:38:01 +0200

Gnatsweb 4 is now in beta, as version 3.99. All the features I planned to implement are in there now, all known bugs are squashed and documentation has been redone completely. I believe we have a solid and good piece of software now, and I do not plan to make any major changes to it in the near future. Below is the ChangeLog from the last few days.

I would like to thank everyone who have contributed so far. Keep up the good work!

I'll check this version into the GNATS 4 CVS tree now.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

2001-09-12  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl: Various very minor changes to get rid of strict
          warnings.

        * gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Fix problems with 'open' and 'not
          closed' examples by switching to custom query format instead of
          sql2.

        * CUSTOMIZE.cb, CUSTOMIZE.vars: Update in accordance with the
          changes below.  Make layout a smidgen clearer.

        * gnatsweb.pl: Change $gnats_info_top to point to a page on
          sources which contains links to documentation for multiple
          versions of GNATS.

        * gnatsweb.pl (login_page): Add a callback which allows printing
          of a welcome message on the login page.
        - gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Use it.

2001-09-11  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl: Change $VERSION to 3.99. We're in beta now.

        * INSTALL: Include notes for upgraders.

        * gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Fix problems with query results table
          header row when using the 'open' and 'not closed' buttons.

        * gnatsweb.html: Fairly minor changes to reflect the way GNATS and
          Gnatsweb 4 work.

        * Makefile: Add new files to the OTHER_FILES macro.  Rewrite
          install target to back up old installations and to preserve the
          gnatsweb-site.pl file if already installed.  Remove references
          to gnatsweb-site-sente.pl.

2001-09-10  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb-site-sente.pl: Gone -- it was getting a bit long in the
          tooth and 2.x-specific.

        * gnatsweb-site-example.html: Fleshed out a bit.

        * CUSTOMIZE.cb: Callback documentation finished.

        * gnatsweb.pl (sendpr): Removed get_default_value callback hook.

2001-09-09  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl (main): Support cmd callbacks.

        * CUSTOMIZE, CUSTOMIZE.vars: New documentation on how to customize
          Gnatsweb.

        * gnatsweb.pl: $global_cookie_expires was being defined twice.

        * Makefile (tarball, default, no-debug-statements): Misc. fixes.

        * gnatsweb.pl: $VERSION now global, so that we can use it in the
          Makefile.

        * gnatsweb.pl (client_init): Trap attempts to use a nonexisting
        $site_gnats_host.

        * README, TODO: Update for Gnatsweb 4.
        - INSTALL: Largely rewritten for Gnatsweb 4
        - gnatsweb-site.pl: Minimal local configuration file.
        - Makefile: Install gnatsweb-site.pl, not gnatsweb-site-sente.pl

2001-09-08  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl (page_start_html): Reenable the button bar on the
          main page -- turns out users who are accustomed to it use it
          almost exclusively.