Re: Gnatsweb: Unparseable reply from gnatsd

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb: Unparseable reply from gnatsd
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:24:05 -0600

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:04:38PM -0500, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> I use the emacs interface all day long and have no problems. This is
> the only information I can find about the problem. Does anyone have
> any ideas? I did go through and reformat quite a bit in the dbconfig
> to better suit our needs. Everything I did was remove items, I added
> no new ones, just removed those we did not need. I have been up and
> down the config file w/no luck in finding anything wrong.

Make sure your "initial-entry" and "index" specs in dbconfig no longer
contain the fields you don't need.  Then, reindex the database with
gen-index.  I don't recall if gnatsweb requires certain fields to be
present or not, but browse through the source code just to make certain.

> The gnatsweb edits bugs just fine, it just cannot create them. Send-pr
> and the emacs interface works great w/no problems.

The emacs interface may not be making assumptions about which fields are
available whereas gnatsweb may be.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/