Re: On the road to 4.2

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: On the road to 4.2
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:04:53 -0600

For those interested in the GNU Arch revision control software, I've
been playing around with cscvs [1]_, a Python cvs-to-tla gateway
application.  I imported the entire cvs trunk into GNU Arch, but ran
into a problem with signed v.s. unsigned archives.  With 918 changesets,
I didn't want to have to type in my gpg passphrase each time.  So, I've
also been playing around with gpg-agent, found in the gnupg development
branch.  I'm happy to say it works well with even the older 1.2.x series
of gpg clients with the "use-agent" command-line switch or config file
option.  Note, you also need a pinentry agent installed to collect the
PIN or passphrase.  I haven't gotten the pinentry-curses app to work
yet, but pinentry-gtk-2 works beautifully, even over an ssh-tunnel via
cable-modem.

So, I'll be signing my copy of the cvs trunk archive and mirroring it to
my personal website later this week (tonight maybe).  I'll update you on
the location when it gets mirrored.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/