Unofficial GNATS GNU Arch repository

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Unofficial GNATS GNU Arch repository
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:26:27 -0600

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 01:04:53PM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> So, I'll be signing my copy of the cvs trunk archive and mirroring it
> to my personal website later this week (tonight maybe).  I'll update
> you on the location when it gets mirrored.

My test (signed) GNU Arch repository of GNATS can be found at
http://wookimus.net/~chewie/archives/gnats.  To check out the project,
register the archive like so:

    $ tla register-archive address@hidden \
    > http://wookimus.net/~chewie/archives/gnats
    $ tla get address@hidden/configs--head--1.0 DESTDIR
    $ cd DESTDIR
    $ tla build-config gnats/cvstrunk/latest
    # After a long time downloading...
    $ cd ./+src/gnats--cvstrunk--1.0

Remember, there are 918 changesets.  That's 918 different tarballs and
supporting metadata files that need to be downloaded.  I would
seriously suggest using a revision library, or perhaps wait until I
can get a few tagged branches made.  I'll be creating a =README file
in the configs project to explain the different branches that get
created over time.

NOTE: The CVS repository is still THE authoritative repository for the
project.  The GNU Arch repository is mainly for my own development and
patch rolling, but feel free to use it and branch off it.

For more info on GNU Arch, drop on to the wiki at
http://wiki.gnuarch.org.

Regarding the DESTDIR above, I tend to organize my working directories
like so:

${HOME}/checkout/
|-- cvs
|   `-- gnats-trunk