Re: Gnatsweb

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:56:56 -0600

Randy Haddox <address@hidden>  wrote:
> I am testing the implementation of Gnats 4.0 with Gnatsweb 4.00 and
> would like to make sure Gnatsweb accepts the custom fields feature
> per Gnats dbconfig.  If so, I'd also appreciate a go-by for setting
> this interface up if available.

Gnatsweb is pretty slick in that it understands how to dynamically
enumerate fields in the database.  There are no/few hard-coded fields
to be concerned with.  Essentially, add your field to dbconfig in the
order in which you want to see it show up in the Gnatsweb create and
query screens.  If the field is required in the Initial PR, make sure
you add it to the "initial_entry" definition.  If you want speed up
searches against the field, make sure you put it in the index
definition.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/