Re: connection refused during login with gnatsweb

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: connection refused during login with gnatsweb
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:05:29 -0600

"Voloshin Alexander" <address@hidden>  wrote:
> I've just installed GNATS 4 on my Debian server. I try to login through
> gnatsweb (e.g. http://myserver/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl) and get

Have you tested the command-line tools at all?  Try using query-pr,
for example, to see if GNATS access controls are set up correctly.
The cookie error is distracting you from what the real issue may be.

> (Due to the fact that your browser does not support Javascript,
> there is no way of telling whether it can accept cookies.)
> Unfortunately, Gnatsweb requires cookies to keep track of your login
> and other information. Please enable cookies before logging in.
>
> connect: Connection refused
>
> Actually my maxthon browser supports java and my cookies are enabled
> too. What is it all about?

maxthon?  Interesting.  Javascript support, not Java, only allows
gnatsweb to determine IF you accept cookies.  Browsers do not need
javascript to utilize cookies, so the error isn't really an error in
this case.  If cookies are enabled, then you're golden.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/