Optional require-change-reason Processing

From: Edward E. Jaffe
Subject: Optional require-change-reason Processing
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 05:17:14 -0800

I can't seem to figure out how to implement optional require-change-reason processing. For example, we do not wish to force this processing for certain values of "Responsible". Ideally, I would like to implement something like:

   on-change "oldpr:Responsible !=\"unassigned\"" {
       require-change-reason
   }

I've tried some simple tests like:

   on-change "Responsible ==\"edjaffe\"" {
       require-change-reason
   }

No matter what expression I code, GnatsWeb ignores the expression and forces the change reason to be entered. I've bypassed that code in gnatsweb.pl just to see how gnatsd will react to the PR edit with or without the reason. Gnatsd seems to update the PR without complaint no matter what the Responsible value. This leads me to think gnatsd doesn't care about change reasons and expects the apps themselves to do the enforcement. And I can't see how my on-change expression influences GnatsWeb to decide whether to require the field.

Is what I want to do possible? If so, what am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated...

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |