Re: Gnatsweb file attach

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb file attach
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:38:40 -0600

Randy Haddox <address@hidden>  wrote:
> Can I compile it the same way I did to test this code change in pr.c
> and copy gnatsd to /usr/local/libexec/gnats w/o upsetting my current
> config?

I believe so.  GNATS doesn't use shared libraries at all at the
moment, so the gnatsd database is entirely static with respect to
GNATS source code.  There were no configuration parsing changes
between 4.0 and 4.1, IIRC.

Additionally, if you need to upgrade at some point, you should be able
to do so with 4.1.0 without impacting your current environment.  (Make
a tarball backup, regardless.  It's just good SysAdmin practice to do
so.) GNATS 4.1.0 installation will only overwrite the defaults files,
IIRC.  It never touches existing databases or even the
/etc/gnats/{databases,gnatsd.host_access,...} files.  The
automake/autoconf rewrite in CVS probably doesn't guarantee that same
level of protection.  I'll have to look at that (I haven't had a whole
lot of time lately).
--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/