Re: ADV: Gnats?

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: ADV: Gnats?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:34:33 -0600

Hey, Paul!

I believe Mel Hatzis has already coded up an email trigger option.  He
has already integrated some of his code changes into GNU GNATS, but this
is one that I don't believe made it.  His code-base is published at:

http://professional.juniper.net/gnats/

If you search the help-gnats archive, you'll see some of his posts and
work.  I think it would be a good idea to cut a release sooner than
later.  Maybe his trigger system could be incorporated in 4.3?  We could
see about adding his RDBMS support as well.  What would be really cool
would be able to define types of databases in the global databases file
and have the gnatsd server go to different types of database backends --
file-based and rdbms.

Stephane's email queue ordering patch would be a good one to incorporate
for 4.2, as well as coming up with a fix for the \r\n problem for
incoming email.  I should also roll in my safe-open changes and
restrictions to gen-index.

Take a look at the open, analyzed, and feedback bugs on
gnats.wookimus.net.  Anything sw-bug or doc-bug that is critical should
probably be looked at for 4.2.  Patches welcome!

Chad