Re: Search Next

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Search Next
Date: 14 Dec 2002 14:56:59 -0500

>> I don't want to completely segregate search strings between buffers.
>> When I save a file, I want emacs to "remember" the latest search string
>> so that when I re-edit the file, C-s C-s will use that string. If I
>> save one file right after another, they would have the same search
>> string saved. Seems trivial, but is useful in our environment.
> Desktop does that :-).

Be careful about the case where the user does:

   > emacs some-file
   C-s foobar
   C-x k RET
   C-x C-c

In such a case, `desktop' won't see the `some-file' buffer since it's
been killed before exiting.

        Stefan
From: "Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>"
        <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
Date: 14 Dec 2002 15:02:48 -0500
Sender: monnier@rum.cs.yale.edu
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: ebrowse completion broken in emacs 21.2

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-function #<hash-table 'equal nil
> 91/97 0x86f0de8>)
>    #<hash-table 'equal nil 91/97 0x86f0de8>("" nil t)
>    all-completions("" #<hash-table 'equal nil 91/97 0x86f0de8> nil)
>    ebrowse-tags-complete-symbol(nil)
> * call-interactively(ebrowse-tags-complete-symbol)
>    execute-extended-command(nil)
>    call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

Hmmm... I can't seem to find where this problem was introduced.
Have you ever gotten this functionality to work before
(e.g. in Emacs-21.1) ?

        Stefan