annoying auto-save files after exit from emacs

From: RISKO Gergely
Subject: annoying auto-save files after exit from emacs
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:28:54 +0100

Hello!

I like autosaving, but one thing is very annoying for me: when I quit
from emacs and there are several modified buffers, but I don't want to
save the changes, after answering no for several buffers a lot of
#filename# file remains. But I ask why, I said that I don't need that
files. After some reading and probing noticed that kill-buffer doesn't
leave these files after run, but exiting with save-buffers-kill-emacs
do.

I like the questions about all modified buffers, but if I say 'n' about
a buffer, I don't want autosave file.

GNU Emacs 21.2.2 on Debian.

Thanks for your help,
Gergely