Re: Version Control -- CVS log problem on WinXP

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Version Control -- CVS log problem on WinXP
Date: 31 Jan 2003 17:33:12 +0100

Hi Edwin,

Edwin Stearns <edwin@lw.net> writes:
> I really like to use the Version Control commands on my CVS files,
> but I have run into a problem with logs.
>
> After I commit a file using C-x C-q and add an entry to the log,
>
> [...]
>
> **   Revision 1.6  2003/01/27 17:44:50  edwin^M
> **   Blah blah Blah^M^M
> **   Blah blah blah^M
> **^M

I had similar problems with earlier versions of CVS from the WinCVS
distribution.  Recent versions didn't have the problem.  This can also
probably also happen, if you use Cygwin with its "binary mount" option
or MSYS CVS tools (MSYS always uses "binary mounts").

So try updating to a current WinCVS version or switch to "textmode
mounts", when you are want to use Cygwin.

Hope this helps, benny