Re: Make emacs21 look like emacs20

From: Bijan Soleymani
Subject: Re: Make emacs21 look like emacs20
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:09:55 -0400

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Ah!  So you want to change the menubar font, and you want to change
> the menubar color.  Right?
>
> The node "Lucid Resources" in the Emacs info file explains how to do
> that.  Does this help?

The following in my .Xresources does almost what I want:
Emacs.pane.menubar.font: 9x15
Emacs.pane.menubar.foreground: black
Emacs.pane.menubar.background: white

Now all I need to figure out is how to make the scrollbar black and
white, and how to set the default font to 9x15.

Btw I think I discovered a bug in the manual. The emacs manual under
the section fonts X says that the default font is 9x15, but I think
that was changed to courier 12 some time ago. 9x15 is what was used in
emacs20.

> I'm afraid that I'm not 100% sure what happens with the stipple
> pattern if you do that.  Hm.  But maybe we start with the font and bg
> color, and then worry about the 3d effect later.  OK?

The 3d effect cause minor problems. For example because I set the
menubar to black and white, I can't see if one of the checkboxes is
checked or not. But I guess I can live with that.

Bijan