newbie emacsclient question

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: newbie emacsclient question
Date: 8 Sep 2003 13:32:31 -0700

I find myself starting emacs MANY times a day.  I vaguely remember
something
called emacsclient that I believe lets you keep one instance of emacs
running
always and it gets used whenever anything tries to launch emacs.
Is this the best and a stable tool to do this???

Is would be kinda nice to not have to keep starting emacs a zillion
times a day.

Sometimes I may have a program itself call emacs like in mutt or an
IDE or GUI building tool.  Will emacsclient work with these too??

Chris