Re: emacs as an ide

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: emacs as an ide
Date: 09 Oct 2003 19:56:04 +0200

"Martin" <x@y.z> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use emacs as an ide.  I can see how to set it up to simply compile
> the current file, but I would also like to be able to build projects (ie.
> compile multiple files and then link them), and build a solution - ie build
> multiple projects.

I do this editing makefiles and M-x compile RETURN.

If you don't want to write your own makefile (it's quite easy actually
C-h  i m  make RET),  you could  try to  use sophisticated  tools that
generate makefiles  for you,  like automake, autoconf,  configure, but
this is really using a nuke to kill a fly.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/