Re: apropos apropos [was: how do i find out the platform emacs runs on?]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: apropos apropos [was: how do i find out the platform emacs runs on?]
Date: 24 Nov 2003 14:46:26 +0200

> From: Alan Mackenzie<none@example.invalid>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:39:16 +0000
>
> As a matter of interest, how should I have discovered the existence of
> these commands?

Help->Search Documentation from the menubar could be one way to find
out.

However, I know about these commands for such a long time that I
cannot even remember how I learned about their existence.  Probably,
from NEWS or something.

> Could it be that the "help" system could do with enhancement?

It is IMHO a trivium that any help system of any software could do
with enhancement ;-)  The question is: how?  Please feel free to
suggest improvements if you have specific ideas.