Re: ispell spanish problem

From: Luis O. Silva
Subject: Re: ispell spanish problem
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:14:27 -0600

Hi David,

On 27 Apr 2004 18:02:34 +0200, David Kastrup writes:

   > "Luis O. Silva" <l.o.silva@mail.ru> writes:

   >> On 26 Apr 2004 17:24:21 +0200, David Kastrup writes:

   >> enable-local-variables's value is t
   >>
   >> *Control use of local variables in files you visit.
   >> The > value can be t, nil or something else.  A value of
   >> t > means file local variables specifications are
   >> obeyed; > nil means they are ignored; anything else
   >> means query.  > This variable also controls use of major
   >> modes specified > in a -*- line.
   >>
   >> Thank you very much, I overlooked this information in
   >> the manual. This is not exactly what I want but it is
   >> useful. Opening most of my files I'd like to keep the
   >> local variables values defined in the files, but I want
   >> to be aware of them. That's why I was thinking of a
   >> window popup with this information when opening a file.

   > You didn't try it, right?

You're right, I didn't. I was taking the documentation of the
variable literally and it says: "anything else means query",
so I thought that, in that case, a message asking whether to
enable the variables was displayed without showing the
variables themselves. Now, I realized that such a message
would be incomplete, so the documentation is probably fine.

   > It _is_ exactly what you were asking for.

That is exactly. Thank you and I'm sorry, I misinterpreted the
documentation of the variable.

Best regards,
luis