Re: emacs, post.el, slrn, no longer working together.

From: s. keeling
Subject: Re: emacs, post.el, slrn, no longer working together.
Date: 28 Oct 2004 23:14:02 GMT

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:28:17 GMT, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>:
> > ii  emacs-goodies-el         10-3                     Miscellaneous add-ons
> > for Emacs
> > ii  emacs20                  20.7-13.1                The GNU Emacs editor.
> > ii  emacs20-el               20.7-13.1                GNU Emacs LISP (.el)
> > files.
>
>  Any reason why you don't upgrade to emacs21?

Sure.  It's not available for Debian stable.  As soon as Sarge goes
stable, I'll upgrade.

Good news, however.  I appear to have fixed the problem.  emacs called
from slrn appears to have regained its old behaviour.  At least now,
it's in color, and the mode line says "Post Header Fill".  All I
changed in .slrnrc was "set use_tmpdir 0", and now all appears to be
back the way it was.

(*)           http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling   Linux Counter #80292
- -           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html