Re: emacs does not work with tex

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: emacs does not work with tex
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:48:58 +0900

    Norbert> Hi folks, I've got a problem I cannot solve: when trying
    Norbert> to use tex-mode within my emacs, I get the message:
    Norbert> "Cannot open load file: tex". Maybe there is something
    Norbert> wrong with some kind of load path, but I can't figure it
    Norbert> out.

    Norbert> I'm using emacs 21.3.1 on Windows 2000 (please don't
    Norbert> blame me for that). I'm also using emacs 21.3.1 on Sun
    Norbert> Solaris - everything works fine over there.

In absence of other information, take a look at your .emacs (or
.emacs.el) file and see what path is being preprended to the tex.el
file that is supposed to be loaded. It may be that this file is in a
different location on your Windows system, or that you need to change
the format of the path (/ to \ for example), addition of a definition
of a home directory, or something like that.

--
G Hassenpflug RASC, Kyoto University