Re: emacs and desktop-read

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs and desktop-read
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:52:47 +0200

Am 28.04.2005 um 18:03 schrieb FCC:

I create a .emacs.desktop file where the buffers are from a shared FAT32
disk between WinXP and Debian. If I try to read this .emacs.desktop
using (desktop-read), it fails:
Desktop: 0 buffers restored, 3 failed to restore.
If I exit emacs and restart it, then I get:
Desktop: 1 buffer restored, 2 failed to restore.
Any ideas as to what to do?

Read that file and notice the entries that are different from either the Windows XP or the debian perspective. The cure: either delete those (and make them never to appear again) or unify the view from both OS' to the fat disk.

--
Greetings

  Pete