Mapping alt to altgr

From: Daniel Aarno
Subject: Mapping alt to altgr
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:24:39 +0200

Hi, I tried to map left alt to altgr (right alt) in emacs without success. I tried using xmodmap to do this by changing alt_L from mod1 to mod2 but emacs didn't like that. Doing that makes left alt work as altgr in all other xprogram such as xterm and even XEmacs. However, running emacs both left alt and altgr now only gives me the beeep when I try to use them. I'm on a Solaris 9 OS with sun swedish key-board.

Greatful for any insight

/Daniel Aarno