Re: Problem in using xpdf with auctex

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Problem in using xpdf with auctex
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:43:05 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:52:25 -0700
From: Tong Wang <wangtong@usc.edu>

I am using emacs under windows XP, and also have Cygwin installed. When I call the "View" in auctex to view pdf files, the default command is: xpdf myfile.pdf
but this doesn't work and complains that  "cygX11-6.dl was not found ".  But I
am sure the installations
are fine, because I have no problem using xpdf to open the same file in Xwin
through Cygwin.

What build of Emacs is that?  If it isn't a Cygwin build, it's
possible that there's some incompatibility wrt handling PATH, since a
non-Cygwin Emacs doesn't understand the /cygdrive/ magic used by
Cygwin programs.
I am not quite sure, but doesn't it do that with cygwin-mount.el?