Re: different behaviour between emacs on linux and emacs on windows

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: different behaviour between emacs on linux and emacs on windows
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:11:38 +0200

Am 06.07.2006 um 05:32 schrieb Ted:

Maybe this shows how little I have used Linux in recent years, but what
would using the TAB key do for me, other than insert a tab in whatever
text I am working with?

First you could start to give GNU Emacs another mood: C-x f. Then TAB can be very useful.

How would I find out?  I am using the default configuration of emacs
that is used by  SUSE Linux version 10, if that tells you anything
useful.

M-x emacs-version RET. Another way would be to search the Suse Linux 10 documentation for that detail.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?" -- Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy