Re: current directory

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: current directory
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:24:00 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>
>> OK, at
>> first I was also thinking: Why the heck is there nothing like
>> "recently opened files" etc. in Emacs.  But after a while I used Emacs
>> in another more efficient way.  I just never close Emacs and opened
>> files between reboots.
>
> Well, reboots do happen, and I don't want to lose track of my work
> when they do.

Admitted, another scenario I could imagine in this line is when you
want to test the latest CVS Emacs now and then 8-).

Since I'm not a heavy programmer and usually do not have to manage
large file projects, I manage this by loading the usual suspects like
.emacs, .gnus.el, shell buffers, dired buffers, gnus, info, etc. right
at start-up from .emacs.

Thanks for pointing out the direction to go when you are in a
different "nutshell" as I am.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm