Re: Need help. Scroll_Lock is undefined

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Need help. Scroll_Lock is undefined
Date: 20 Dec 2006 12:01:36 -0800

Louise Hoffman wrote:
> Well, I thought it solved the problem, but now it is back...
>
> It is on Linux and emacs is running in graphical mode.
>
> It is something that have come out of nowhere. It haven't done it
> before, and I haven't changed anything in emacs...

It sounds like a bug somewhere outside of Emacs, for example in the X
setup or a keyboard driver.  I say this because it doesn't happen to
me, and it doesn't seem like it happens to others. It would be very
noticable if it did, lots of people would complain.

If you like, try the following:-
* Check you haven't used the function enable-flow-control in your
configuration
* Try running Emacs without any configuration at all, with "emacs -q
--no-site-file". If it doesn't happen in that Emacs then it's an issue
with your configuration, and probably Emacs too.
* Open Emacs in a terminal by using "emacs -nw" and see if it happens
there.  If not it's likely a bug in X or in the configuration of X.