Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:31:25 +0200

Hi,

   > Though I concede pretest and/or even the CVS version are really good
   > for experienced users or people with already some GNU Emacs basics.

   Have you actually _tried_?

Actually I am running GNU Emacs 23.x for months now and before
that, I was using GNU Emacs 22.x so yes.

   >    Can you point to any area, even a single one, where the supposed
   >    "stability" of Emacs 21.4 leads to better results than, say, the
   >    pretest 22.0.99?
   >
   > I won't be able to do that since I never ever had a problem with GNU
   > Emacs 21.x on a GNU/linux platform.

   Then you are not seriously using it.

What's your problem exactly ? I am using GNU Emacs for all sort
of stuff going from source code editing to listening to music so
I am a hard long-term GNU Emacs user and I *do really* use it
very seriously. And yes, I keep on saying that GNU Emacs 21.x is
really stable and I never encountered any troubles.

If I was not coding modes/packages for GNU Emacs, I would have
probably sticked to GNU Emacs 21.x, for sure.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org