Re: no-word.el fails on Windows NT

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: no-word.el fails on Windows NT
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:45:24 +0300

> Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 02:22:34 -0400
> From: poti@potis.org
>
> I did not byte-compile this file. Is this necessary?

It's not necessary (although byte-compiled files will run faster).  I
assumed (incorrectly, it seems) that the previous version was
byte-compiled; if it was, and the modified version wasn't, then Emacs
will load the old byte-compiled version in preference to the new one.

> It seemed to me that things worked without byte-compiling.

They should work, albeit slower.