Re: hebrew in emacs

From: Eddy-14
Subject: Re: hebrew in emacs
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 03:24:57 -0800 (PST)

Peter Dyballa wrote:

>> I created .Xdefaults:
>> emacs*.font: utf-8
> Is that ``utf-8ยดยด the name of a fontset or a font alias? Usually an
> XFD (X11 Font Description) should be placed here, and then these are
> using the ISO 10646-1 encoding.

OK, I had not understood correctly what I had read before. so I need to find
a suitable font.
the X11 fonts I tried are difficult to read in hebrew, they don't go left to
right, and they put the vowels after the consonants (instead of under or
above). so I need to find another one.
do you know a mean to do that? until now, I have tried using xfd, but that
seems very long, if there's another way, I would be thankful to know it!
or, better: I use for my other applications a great font, but it is not a
X11 font. is there a way to "import" it to emacs?