Re: image-dired shows images as text

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: image-dired shows images as text
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:38:58 +0100

Am 19.12.2007 um 16:11 schrieb winuser:

Do I have to use an external program to view a picture ?

I don't know what image-dired is, but there is a variable, image- types, that describes which graphics formats are supported by GNU Emacs. For me they are:

        (svg png gif tiff jpeg xpm postscript xbm pbm)

If you don't see the picture, then C-c C-c will toggle the presentation mode ...

And there is doc-view to display a few more out of the TeX and PS families.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilisation?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
                                – Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi