Re: Help with multi-tty

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Help with multi-tty
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:06:08 +0100

Adolfo De Unanue <nano@dialetheia.net> writes:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I am using GNU/Emacs from CVS: GNU Emacs 23.0.60.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
> GTK+ Version 2.12.0) of 2008-03-05
>
> I started an emacsserver session when I log into my computer with the
> instructions given here:
>
> http://emacslife.blogspot.com/2007/05/multi-tty-emacs.html
>
> basically I start emacs within GNU/SCREEN with this command:
>
> screen -dmS nano emacs -nw --eval "(setq server-name "nano")" -f \
> server-start
>
> and everything works ok, the problem (for me at least) is that when I
> create an emacsclient with
>
> emacsclient -s nano -c
>
> It starts with a tool-bar (the one with icons)!
>

> I have this option disabled in my .emacs:

> ;; Elimina la barra de íconos
> (tool-bar-mode -1)
> ;; Elimina la barra de menús
> (menu-bar-mode -1)
> ;; Elimina la barra lateral
> (scroll-bar-mode -1)

> There is a work around for this?

I'm assuming you want to run your emacsclient editing sessions in the ttyp.
Perhaps adding a -display option to emacsclient, designating the tty.
Have a look at the function server-select-display

READ THIS BEFORE OPENING PACKAGE: According to certain suggested
versions of the Grand Unified Theory, the primary particles
constituting this product may decay to nothingness within the next
four hundred million years.