Re: C-h sends backspace?

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: C-h sends backspace?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:22:59 -0000

"Christian Herenz" <herenz@physik.hu-berlin.de> wrote in message news:fro823$88j$1@registered.motzarella.org...
   http://kb.iu.edu/data/abvn.html

The title of this packge is, Emacs - Bacspace sends Help. My Problem is Help sends Backspace...

No, I don't think you understood what the page says. "The Backspace key (on most keyboards) generates ASCII code 8. C-h sends the same code" So, whether you say Backspace sends C-h or C-h sends Backspace, you are saying the same thing.

This group can only answer questions about Emacs.

However, the last solution, remapping the keys to C-x h, would work. But I would like to have C-h as help and backspace as backspace. Is that possible?

Whether it is possible or not is a question for your keyboard and terminal emulator you might be using. The web page gave instructions for Unix terminal emulators to make Backspace send C-?. Whether it works for your terminal emulator or what else works for it, is open. You may not get an answer to that question in this forum.

Cheers,
Uday Reddy