Re: Outdate session.el?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Outdate session.el?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 02:00:07 +0100

   Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

   >    On 2008-03-19 10:18 +0000, Peter Dyballa wrote:
   >    > Particularly history, particularly from compiling. Session.el offers
   >    > much more, but I don't remember consciously what more I am using. I
   >    > should re-read the manual to know in which wealth I am working ...
   >
   >    Session.el is sort of being replaced by savehist.el.
   >
   > "sort of" ? Does it replace it or not ? :)
   >
   >    Xavier

   session.el seemed to be more comprehensive when I tried them.

   All I have is ...

   (require 'session)
      (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)

Ahem yes, it is simpler :)

   ... all my file open history, search history etc are saved. Works well
   for me. I'm not sure why savehist exists as it doesn't appear to provide
   any improvements that I can see. Any more info appreciated.

Concerning savehist.el, I am, like you, very dubious on what it
can be useful. Same applies for saveplace.el. I plan to sort of
try merging these three packages into a unique one.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org