Re: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:43:38 +0200

Hi Cezar,

Cezar Halmagean <cezar@mixandgo.com> writes:

>   I wonder what's the problem, why has an editor like TextMate gone so
>   far in just a few years and Emacs is still not there yet.

Maybe that's because it's generally easier to betray Emacs rather than
trying to improve it?  You know, people get older, and people from the
Emacs Church are way too soft and tolerant nowadays.

Seriously, I believe 1) that the audience of the two softwares might not
really be the same and that 2) ideas/patches are welcome.

--
Bastien