Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comm

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comment block?
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:59:57 -0400

> From: "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:43:52 -0700
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> > Emacs 23 is not too far from a release and in most respect stable.
>
> Sorry, but I, for one, cannot agree with that part.
> Emacs 22 is stable; Emacs 23 is not at all, AFAICT.

I agree with Drew.  Not only is Emacs 23 not stable yet, especially
after the latest radical changes in the font backend, but I very much
doubt that it's ``not too far from a release''.  My hat off if Emacs
23.1 will be released less than 6 months from now.  I've seen quite a
few releases since Emacs 19.2x 15 years ago, and none of them was
released as soon as it seemed when the pretest began.  I hope the new
maintainers will change that, but the cynic inside me sincerely doubts
that.