Re: Reply with gnus

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: Re: Reply with gnus
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:51:09 -0600

On 8 Dec 2008, Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> I know this is a silly question in a newsgroup, but can anybody tell
> me the right way to ryply to articles with gnus?
>
> I tried r, f and S n. With r, the reply was an ordinary mail. With f
> and S n, I could see and read my reply in the newsgroup, but it looked
> different from the replies from other people in the summary buffer.

I usually reply with F (shift f, that is):

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-followup-with-original RET ]
| gnus-summary-followup-with-original is an interactive compiled Lisp function
in `gnus-msg.el'.
| (gnus-summary-followup-with-original N &optional FORCE-NEWS)
|
| Compose a followup to an article and include the original article.
| The text in the region will be yanked.  If the region isn't
| active, the entire article will be yanked.
|
| [back]
`----

Can you be more specific about how it looks different?
--
Charles Sebold                                     8th of December, 2008
 GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) | Gnus v5.11 | org-mode 6.14