Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:03:19 -0700

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:51, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:
> Your "manual matching" works on the cleaned static text data, while the mode
> in the buffer sees the text plus the ANSI Esc codes which are used

I don't think so.  My manual matching works on the mode in the buffer.
 Why would it be any different for the function?

> Yes, me too! I would like to have other colours used for the number plate of
> my car. There are other options to display information on a desktop.

That is a strange parody of emacs.  Let's not fix anything ever?

>> The first variable sets a single color, while the second two, afaik, only
>> affect movement.  Is that correct?
>>

> Esc[value;...;valuem sets a graphic mode (colour, intensity, blinking,
> reverse). The value 0 resets, the value 1 sets intensity. The foreground (3)
> colours yellow (3), magenta (5), and blue (4) are set.

That was not my question either.  You mentioned 3 variables as
solutions.  I do not see that they are solutions.  If that is
incorrect, please kindly say how the last 2 variables solve the
problem in any way whatsoever, and how the first solves it completely.

I know what ansi colors do.  That is not the question.  The question
is what I -- or dirtrack -- are doing wrong in getting dirtrack to
work.

Thanks.