Flymake and tramp

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Flymake and tramp
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:49:06 +0200

When I open a ruby buffer using tramp's ssh method I get a popup
stating:

Flymake: Configuration error has occured while running (ruby -c
buffername_flymake.rb). Flymake will be switched OFF

("buffername.rb" in the above will be the name of the file I'm opening)

I assume I need to supply tramp with hints as to where to find ruby?
Or flymake.el? But, the message implies a configuration error, is
there a tramp log perhaps that will show the error? Customizing
flymake-log-level to 3 results in the following in *Messages* which
doesn't say all that much more:

switched OFF Flymake mode for buffer blogg.rb due to fatal status
CFGERR, warning Configuration error has occured while running (ruby -c
blogg_flymake.rb)

I wonder too why it appends _flymake to the filename, such a file does not
exist!

If I ssh into the same host and open the same buffer in emacs -nw, flymake
works fine and stays on.

Regards,
Jonathan Groll.