Re: Remove local key binding in Dired

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Remove local key binding in Dired
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 15:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 2, 8:41 am, Marc Tfardy <b...@cyk.cyk> wrote:
> Xah Lee schrieb:
>
>  > you might try the latest version of ergoemacs
>
> WTF is ergoemacs??? :-o
>
>  >http://code.google.com/p/ergoemacs/

Hi Marc,

There were numerous huge flame wars in the past couple of years
regarding this. Perhaps you are a new comer. :D

> http://ergoemacs.googlecode.com/files/ergonomic_keybinding_qwerty_4.3...
>
> Who really need this? And what is better in you own key bindings
> compared to standard emacs? (except for your private preferences of
> course.)
>
> BTW:
>    - bad parens
>    - poor indent
>    - too long comments lines

Here's some answer to your skeptism.

The Reason for ergoemacs is:

• Why Emacs's Keyboard Shortcuts Are Painful
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_kb_shortcuts_pain.html

>    - bad parens
>    - poor indent
>    - too long comments lines

The reason that my elisp source code's formatting not always being
have 100% lisp convention is because partly lazy and partly consider
this formatting issue is a major myth that causes major harm to the
industry. Here's some essays about it:

• Fundamental Problems of Lisp
  (see the section “Automatic, Uniform, Universal, Source Code
Display”)
  http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/lisp_problems.html

• The Harm of Hard-wrapping Lines
  http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/hard-wrap.html

• Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code
  http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/tabs_vs_spaces.html

The following essays are on some feature that could've been:

• A Simple Lisp Code Formatter
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/lisp_formatter.html

• A Text Editor Feature: Extend Selection By Semantic Unit
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/syntax_tree_walk.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/