Re: How to stop emacs from showing additional background for text?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to stop emacs from showing additional background for text?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:19:58 +0100

Am 24.02.2010 um 21:00 schrieb Raghuram Devarakonda:

I am guessing that I need to customize some face but not sure
which one it is.

Position the text cursor on some character and type C-u C-x =. A *Help* buffer will open. (Maybe there is some customisation necessary to activate this "final" feature.) After descriptions of the character the buffer will also describe the face the character uses. This face description is a hyper-link and leads to a *Customize* buffer in which you can change settings.

There is also the function describe-face. It leads faster to its customisation.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Well done is better than well said.